Re: Unable to locate "bluestore_compressed_allocated" & "bluestore_compressed_original" parameters while executing "ceph daemon osd.X perf dump" command.

Hi,

could you provide more details what exactly you tried and which configs you set? Which compression mode are you running?

In a small Pacific test cluster I just set the mode to "force" (default "none"):

storage:~ # ceph config set osd bluestore_compression_mode force

And then after a few minutes I see the results:

storage:~ # ceph tell osd.0 perf dump | grep -E '(compress_.*_count|bluestore_compressed_)'
        "compress_success_count": 4,
        "compress_rejected_count": 0,
        "bluestore_compressed_allocated": 12288,
        "bluestore_compressed_original": 24576,

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Alam Mohammad <samdto987@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

We are considering BlueStore compression test in our cluster. For this we have created rbd image on our EC pool.

While we are executing "ceph daemon osd.X perf dump | grep -E '(compress_.*_count|bluestore_compressed_)'", we are not locate below parameters, even we tried with ceph tell command.
"bluestore_compressed_allocated"
"bluestore_compressed_original"
As a result, we are unable to determine the extent of compression for specific RBD images.

Are there any specific configurations required to locate the given parameters or any alternate method to assess Bluestore compression.
Any guidance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mohammad Saif
Ceph Enthusiast