Re: mds slow request with “failed to authpin, subtree is being exported"

On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 6:34 AM Xiubo Li <xiubli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/4/23 16:25, zxcs wrote:
> > Thanks a lot, Xiubo!
> >
> > we already set ‘mds_bal_interval’ to 0. and the slow mds seems decrease.
> >
> > But somehow we still see mds complain slow request. and from mds log , can see
> >
> > “slow request *** seconds old, received at 2023-12-04T…: internal op exportdir:mds.* currently acquired locks”
> >
> > so our question is, why it still see "internal op exportdir”, any other config also need to set 0? and could please shed light here which config we need set .
> >
> IMO, this should be enough.
>
> Venky,
>
> Did I miss something here ?

You missed nothing. Setting `mds_bal_interval = 0` disables the
balancer. I guess there are in-progress exports that would take some
time to backoff and the slow ops should eventually get cleaned up.

I'd say wait a bit and see if the slow request resolves by itself.
FWIW, there was a feature request a while back to cancel an ongoing
export. We should prioritize having that.

> Thanks
>
> - Xiubo
>

> > Thanks,
> > xz
> >
> >> 2023年11月27日 13:19,Xiubo Li <xiubli@xxxxxxxxxx> 写道:

> >> You can just set 'mds_bal_interval' to 0.

Cheers,
Venky