Setting Up Multiple HDDs with replicated DB Device

Hey Cephers,

Hope you're all doing well! I'm in a bit of a pickle and could really use
some of your power.

Here's the scoop:

I have a setup with around 10 HDDs. and 2 NVME's (+uninteresting boot
disks)
My initial goal was to configure part of the HDDs (6 out of 7TB) into an
md0 or similar device to be used as a DB device. (the rest would be nice to
use as an nvme osd)
I made some clumsy attempts to set them up "right"

While the OSDs are getting deployed, they are not being shown back to the
dashboard.
The specific error when running `ceph orch device ls`: 'Insufficient space
(<10 extents) on vgs, LVM detected, locked.'
Given these, I have a few questions:

Are there specific configurations or steps that I might be missing when
setting up the DB device with multiple HDDs?
(rel; I currently try things like this
https://paste.openstack.org/show/bdPHXQ0BMypWnZTYosT2/ )
Could the error message indicate a particular issue with my current setup
or approach?
If anyone has successfully configured a similar setup, could you please
share your insights or steps taken?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,