Stretch mode size

Hi,

I'd like to ask for confirmation how I understand the docs on stretch mode [1]. It requires exact size 4 for the rule? Other sizes are not supported/won't work, for example size 6? Are there clusters out there which use this stretch mode? Once stretch mode is enabled, it's not possible to get out of it. How would one deal with a burnt down datacenter which can take months to rebuild? In a "self-managed" stretch cluster (let's say size 6) I could simply change the crush rule to not consider the failed datacenter anymore, deploy an additional mon somewhere and maybe reduce the size/min_size. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/rados/operations/stretch-mode/#id2