Re: HDD cache

This server configured Dell R730 with HBA 330 card HDD are configured write through mode.
________________________________
From: David C. <david.casier@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 10:14
To: Peter <petersun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  HDD cache

Without (raid/jbod) controller ?

Le mer. 8 nov. 2023 à 18:36, Peter <petersun@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:petersun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> a écrit :
Hi All,

I note that HDD cluster commit delay improves after i turn off HDD cache. However, i also note that not all HDDs are able to turn off the cache. special I found that two HDD with same model number, one can turn off, anther doesn't. i guess i have my system config or something different setting with two HDDs.
Below is my command to turn off the HDD cache.

root@lahost008:~# sdparm --set WCE=0 /dev/sdb
 /dev/sdb: ATA ST10000NE000-3AP EN01
root@lahost008:~# cat /sys/block/sdb/queue/write_cache
 write through

I also tried sdparm to run "sdparm --set WCE=0 /dev/sdb" I got the same result.

Anyone experienced this can advise?

Thanks a lot