Re: Problem with upgrade

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 6:52 PM Jorge Garcia <jgarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tyler,
>
> Maybe you didn't read the full message, but in the message you will notice that I'm doing exactly that, and the problem just occurred when I was doing the upgrade from Octopus to Pacific. I'm nowhere near Quincy yet. The original goal was to move from Nautilus to Quincy, but I have gone to Octopus (no problems) and now to Pacific (problems).

I did not, apologies -- though do see my second message about ordering
mon/mgr ordering...

When you say "the cluster becomes unresponsive" -- does the client I/O
lock up, or do you mean that `ceph -s` and such hangs?

May help to look to Pacific mons via the asok and see if they respond
in such a state (and their status) if I/O is not locked up and you can
afford to leave it in that state for a couple minutes:
$ ceph daemon mon.name mon_status

Cheers,
Tyler