Re: [RGW] Is there a way for a user to change is secret key or create other keys ?

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 9:16 AM Gilles Mocellin
<gilles.mocellin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Cephers,
>
> I was using Ceph with OpenStack, and users could add, remove credentials
> with `openstack ec2 credentials` commands.
> But, we are moving our Object Storage service to a new cluster, and
> didn't want to tie it with OpenStack.
>
> Is there a way to have a bit of self service for Rados Gateway, at leas
> for creating, deleting, changing S3 keys ?
>
> It does not seem to be part of S3 APIs.

right, user/role/key management is part of the IAM service in AWS, not
S3. IAM exposes APIs like
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/APIReference/API_CreateAccessKey.html,
etc

radosgw supports some of the IAM APIs related to roles and role/user
policy, but not the ones for self-service user/key management. i'd
love to add those eventually once we have an s3 'account' feature to
base them on, but development there has been slow
(https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/46373 tracks the most recent
progress)

i'd agree that the radosgw admin APIs aren't a great fit because
they're targeted at admins, rather than delegating self-service
features to end users