Re: S3 user with more than 1000 buckets

On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 9:06 AM Thomas Bennett <thomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jonas,
>
> Thanks :) that solved my issue.
>
> It would seem to me that this is heading towards something that the clients
> s3 should paginate, but I couldn't find any documentation on how to
> paginate bucket listings.

the s3 ListBuckets API
(https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/API_ListBuckets.html)
doesn't support pagination, so there's no way for clients to do that

but rgw itself should be able to paginate over the 'chunks' to return
more than rgw_list_buckets_max_chunk entries in a single ListBuckets
request. i opened a bug report for this at
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/63080