Re: S3 user with more than 1000 buckets

Den tis 3 okt. 2023 kl 11:59 skrev Thomas Bennett <thomas@xxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a Ceph 17.2.5 Rados Gateway and I have a user with more than
> 1000 buckets.
>
> When the client tries to list all their buckets using s3cmd, rclone and
> python boto3, they all three only ever return the first 1000 bucket names.
> I can confirm the buckets are all there (and more than 1000) by checking
> with the radosgw-admin command.
>
> Have I missed a pagination limit for listing user buckets in the rados
> gateway?

There is/was this bug that made the list not tell clients that there are
more than 1000 buckets, so the clients would not ask for next list of
pagination:

https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57901

For Quincy, it was in 17.2.6 so upgrading to that version would also fix it.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/quincy/
search for

   -

   rgw: Fix truncated ListBuckets response (pr#49525
   <https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/49525>, Joshua Baergen)