Re: Ceph services failing to start after OS upgrade

On September 13, 2023 7:50 pm, Robert Sander wrote:
> On 12.09.23 14:51, hansen.ross@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I have a ceph cluster running on my proxmox system and it all seemed to upgrade successfully however after the reboot my ceph-mon and my ceph-osd services are failing to start or are crashing by the looks of it.
>
> You should ask that question on the Proxmox forum at
> https://forum.proxmox.com/ as they distribute their own Ceph packages.

FWIW, you could be running into https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-8-ceph-quincy-monitor-no-longer-working-on-amd-opteron-2427.129613

I do second the recommendation to first contact your vendor/distro (us,
in this case ;)) before reporting things upstream - usually they are in
a better position to determine whether a bug is potentially caused by
downstream changes, already fixed in a newer version that is being
prepared, etc.pp.. It also means upstream can focus more on development,
rather than triaging reports about bugs in versions they potentially
don't know or care about..