RGW Lua - writable response header/field

Hello,

We have a RGW setup that has a bunch of Nginx in front of RGWs to work as a LB. I’m currently working on some metrics and log analysis from the LB logs.

At the moment I’m looking at possibilities to recognise the type of s3 request on the LB. I know that matching the format shouldn’t be extremely hard, but I was looking into a possibility to extract the information from RGW as that’s the part that’s aware of that.

I was working with the LUA part of RGW before so I know that the Request.RGWOp Field is an great fit.

I would like to add this as a some kind of response header, but unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment if I’m not wrong.

Has anyone looked into this (wink wink Yuval :))? Or do you have a recommendation how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ondrej