Re: CEPHADM_STRAY_DAEMON

Hi,

after you added the labels to the MONs, did the orchestrator (re)deploy MONs on the dedicated MON hosts? Are there now 5 MONs running? If the orchestrator didn't clean that up by itself (it can take up to 15 minutes, I believe) you can help it by removing a daemon manually [1]:

ceph orch daemon rm <daemon name>... [--force]

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/cephadm/services/#removing-a-daemon-from-a-host-manually

Zitat von Tyler Jurgens <tyler.jurgens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hey, sorry, I'm a ceph noob here, but I'm trying to figure out how to clear
this up. I've got 8 servers (ceph-admin, ceph-mon(1->3), ceph-osd(1->4) as
part of my ceph deployment (reef, upgraded from quincy), and when I
originally deployed it Ceph used random servers for the mon daemon.

Wanting to target the intended servers for ceph, I created a label (mon)
and assigned that label to my three mon hosts (ceph orch host label add
ceph-mon1 mon), etc. Then I assigned the mon daemon to my hosts with the
mon label: ceph orch apply mon label:mon.

However, now I have this health message:
    stray daemon mon.ceph-osd3 on host ceph-mon3 not managed by cephadm
    stray daemon mon.ceph-osd2 on host ceph-osd2 not managed by cephadm

How do I clean that up? The docs (
https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/cephadm/operations/#cephadm-stray-daemon) say
to add the hosts with ceph orch host add <hostname> but those hosts with
stray daemons are already added. I tried adding them again, but it didn't
make a difference. All hosts are/were always managed by cephadm (edited)

I also rebooted one of the hosts, that didn't make a difference.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Cheers,
Tyler