Ceph iSCSI GW is too slow when compared with Raw RBD performance

Hello guys,

We have a Ceph cluster that runs just fine with Ceph Octopus; we use RBD
for some workloads, RadosGW (via S3) for others, and iSCSI for some Windows
clients.

We started noticing some unexpected performance issues with iSCSI. I mean,
an SSD pool is reaching 100MB of write speed for an image, when it can
reach up to 600MB+ of write speed for the same image when mounted and
consumed directly via RBD.

Is that performance degradation expected? We would expect some degradation,
but not as much as this one.

Also, we have a question regarding the use of Intel Turbo boost. Should we
disable it? Is it possible that the root cause of the slowness in the iSCSI
GW is caused by the use of Intel Turbo boost feature, which reduces the
clock of some cores?

Any feedback is much appreciated.