changing crush map on the fly?

Hey,

Just to confirm my understanding: If I set up a 3-osd cluster really
fast with an EC42 pool, and I set the crush map to osd failover
domain, the data will be distributed among the osd's, and of course
there won't be protection against host failure. And yes, I know that's
a bad idea, but I need the extra storage really fast, and it's a
backup of other data. So availability is important, but now critical.

If I then add 5 more hosts a week later, I can just edit the crush map
and change the failover domain from osd to host, put the crush map
back in, and ceph should automatically distribute all the pg's over
the osd's again to be fully host-fault tolerant, right?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Angelo.