Re: Ceph iSCSI GW not working with VMware VMFS and Windows Clustered Storage Volumes (CSV)

On 19.06.23 13:47, Work Ceph wrote:

Recently, we had the need to add some VMWare clusters as clients for the
iSCSI GW and also Windows systems with the use of Clustered Storage Volumes
(CSV), and we are facing a weird situation. In windows for instance, the
iSCSI block can be mounted, formatted and consumed by all nodes, but when
we add in the CSV it fails with some generic exception. The same happens in
VMWare, when we try to use it with VMFS it fails.

The iSCSI target used does not support SCSI persistent group reservations when in multipath mode.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/rbd/iscsi-initiators/

AFAIK VMware uses these in VMFS.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

Tel: 030-405051-43
Fax: 030-405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin