Ceph iSCSI GW not working with VMware VMFS and Windows Clustered Storage Volumes (CSV)

Hello guys,

We have a Ceph cluster that runs just fine with Ceph Octopus; we use RBD
for some workloads, RadosGW (via S3) for others, and iSCSI for some Windows
clients.

Recently, we had the need to add some VMWare clusters as clients for the
iSCSI GW and also Windows systems with the use of Clustered Storage Volumes
(CSV), and we are facing a weird situation. In windows for instance, the
iSCSI block can be mounted, formatted and consumed by all nodes, but when
we add in the CSV it fails with some generic exception. The same happens in
VMWare, when we try to use it with VMFS it fails.

We do not seem to find the root cause for these errors. However, the errors
seem to be linked to the situation of multiple nodes consuming the same
block by shared file systems. Have you guys seen this before?

Are we missing some basic configuration in the iSCSI GW?