Re: [EXTERNAL] How to change RGW certificate in Cephadm?

Nice find!  Totally looks buggy.  Also thanks for sharing that command…I love a good one-liner!

Josh Beaman

From: Kai Stian Olstad <ceph+list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, June 16, 2023 at 7:35 AM
To: Beaman, Joshua <Joshua_Beaman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL]  How to change RGW certificate in Cephadm?
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:58:40PM +0000, Beaman, Joshua wrote:
>We resolved our HAProxy woes by creating a custom jinja2 template and deploying as:
>ceph config-key set mgr/cephadm/services/ingress/haproxy.cfg -i /tmp/haproxy.cfg.j2

Thanks, wish I knew that a few month ago before I threw out ingress.

>But we redeploy new certs the same way you described, and then:
>ceph orch reconfig ingress.rgw.default.default
>ceph orch restart rgw.default.default
>
>This is all done in the same ansible playbook we use to do initial deployment, but I don’t see anything else in there that looks like it would be needed to update the certs.

After testing this I will claim this is a bug.

The first time "ceph orch apply -i /etc/ceph/rgw.yml" is run it creates to keys
   mgr/cephadm/spex.rgw.pech
and
   rgw/cert/rgw.pech

But later when the spec file is updated and apply is run again only
   mgr/cephadm/spex.rgw.pech
is updated.

When the RGW start the log says it using the certificate in
   rgw/cert/rgw.pech

So, if I read out the certificate from
   mgr/cephadm/spex.rgw.pech
and add that in
   rgw/cert/rgw.pech
and then restart the RGW it picks up the new certificate.

The command to do this
   ceph config-key get mgr/cephadm/spex.rgw.pech | jq -r .spec.spec.rgw_frontend_ssl_certificate | ceph config-key set rgw/cert/rgw.pech -
   ceph orch restart rgw.pech

My claim is that Ceph should update "rgw/cert/rgw.pech" when "mgr/cephadm/spex.rgw.pech" is updated.

--
Kai Stian Olstad