Re: [EXTERNAL] How to change RGW certificate in Cephadm?

Do you have an ingress service for HAProxy/keepalived?  If so, that’s the service that you will need to have orch redeploy/restart.  If not, maybe try `ceph orch redeploy pech` ?

Thank you,
Josh Beaman

From: Kai Stian Olstad <ceph+list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 7:58 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL]  How to change RGW certificate in Cephadm?
When I enabled RGW in cephadm I used this spec file rgw.yml

   service_type: rgw
   service_id: pech
   placement:
     label: cog
   spec:
     ssl: true
     rgw_frontend_ssl_certificate: |
       -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
       <snip />
       -----END CERTIFICATE-----
       -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
       <snip />
       -----END CERTIFICATE-----
       -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
       <snip />
       -----END CERTIFICATE-----
       -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
       <snip />
       -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

And enabled it with
   ceph orch apply -i /etc/ceph/rgw.yml

The certificate is about to expire so I would like to update it.
I updated rgw.yml spec with the new certificate and run
   ceph orch apply -i /etc/ceph/rgw.yml

But nothing happened, so I tried to redeploy one of them with
   ceph orch daemon redeploy rgw.pech.pech-mon-3.upnvrd

It redeployed the RGW, but still uses the old certificate.

   ceph config-key list | grep rgw
gives me two keys of interest mgr/cephadm/spec.rgw.pech and rgw/cert/rgw.pech

The content of mgr/cephadm/spec.rgw.pech is the new spec file with the updated
certificates, but the rgw/cert/rgw.pech only contains certificate and private
key, but the certificate is the old ones about to expire.

I have looked in the documentation and can't find how to update the certificate
for RGW.

Can anyone shed some light on how to replace the certificate?

--
Kai Stian Olstad