Re: Seeking feedback on Improving cephadm bootstrap process

Hello Redouane,

much appreciated kick-off for improving cephadm. I was wondering why
cephadm does not use a similar approach to rook in the sense of "repeat
until it is fixed?"

For the background, rook uses a controller that checks the state of the
cluster, the state of monitors, whether there are disks to be added,
etc. It periodically restarts the checks and when needed shifts
monitors, creates OSDs, etc.

My question is, why not have a daemon or checker subcommand of cephadm
that a) checks what the current cluster status is (i.e. cephadm
verify-cluster) and b) fixes the situation (i.e. cephadm verify-and-fix-cluster)?

I think that option would be much more beneficial than the other two
suggested ones.

Best regards,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch