Re: CEPH Version choice

> I've been reading through this email list for a while now, but one thing
> that I'm curious about is why a lot of installations out there aren't
> upgraded to the latest version of CEPH (Quincy).
>
> What are the main reasons for not upgrading to the latest and greatest?

If you are starting with a fresh install. Just go for the newest. Once you have it, don't go and install any update/upgrade blindly. Depending on your team size, it pays of to wait a bit and see what others are reporting.

cephadm is a container implementation also 'new'. If you are not proficient with containers or have already a different container environment, maybe stick to the basic packages. This still seems to be the easiest to maintain.