Re: Almalinux 9

Has anyone used almalinux 9 to install ceph. Have you encountered problems? Other tips on this installation are also welcome.

I have installed Ceph on AlmaLinux 9.1 (both Ceph and later Ceph/Rook) on a three node VM cluster and then a three node bare metal cluster (with 4 OSDs each) without any problems. (Rook based required some research but there were no problems -- see https://github.com/mnlipp/kubernetes-experience .)

Mind that this is, obviously, a small cluster and although the bare metal cluster is eventually intended for production, it has not thoroughly been tested yet. But installation went smoothly and I think that any problems that I might encounter in the future would occur with any OS. What really has surprised me is the resilience. Especially when experimenting with the VM-based cluster I have brought nodes down in a "power off" way several times (not because of problems with Ceph but because of k8s configuration changes) and my file systems have recovered every time.

 - Michael