Von: Alex Walender <awalende@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. März 2023 13:19
An: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Betreff:  Re: Ganesha NFS: Files disappearing

Hey Patrick,

I had a somewhat similar issue but with FSAL_RGW.
On the NFS-side, I noticed missing files. There were no errors in the logfiles whatsoever.

Solution was to rebuild nfs-ganesha with the most recent libceph-dev at that time.
Are you using pre-built ganesha binaries or did you compile it yourself?

Best Regards,
Alex Walender

Am 15.03.23 um 12:02 schrieb Patrick Schlangen:
> Hi,
>
> today I saw a strange situation where files which were copied to a cephfs via Ganesha NFS (deployed via cephadm) disappeared from the NFS directory and then did not show up anymore until I restarted the ganesha instance. This could be observed on different NFS client hosts. While the files were not showing, they could still be seen via cephfs-shell, so I assume the issue is somewhere on the NFS side. Interestingly, the folder modification time (shown in ls) matched the time the file was copied to that folder.
>
> Any idea what could be the issue here? Unfortunately there were no interesting logs and I couldn't find a way yet to reproduce this.
>
> The ceph version in use is 17.2.5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

M.Sc Alex Walender

Forschungszentrum Jülich
Institut für Bio- und Geowissenschaften
IBG 5 - Computergestützte Metagenomik /
         de.NBI Cloud Site Bielefeld

Büro : Universität Bielefeld (UHG), M3-118 Tel. :  +49-521-106-2907