Ganesha NFS: Files disappearing

Hi,

today I saw a strange situation where files which were copied to a cephfs via Ganesha NFS (deployed via cephadm) disappeared from the NFS directory and then did not show up anymore until I restarted the ganesha instance. This could be observed on different NFS client hosts. While the files were not showing, they could still be seen via cephfs-shell, so I assume the issue is somewhere on the NFS side. Interestingly, the folder modification time (shown in ls) matched the time the file was copied to that folder.

Any idea what could be the issue here? Unfortunately there were no interesting logs and I couldn't find a way yet to reproduce this.

The ceph version in use is 17.2.5.

Thanks,

Patrick