Re: s3 compatible interface

As far as I know, we have no plans to productize (or even test) on CephFS. It should work, but CephFS isn't pure POSIX, so there may be issues.

Daniel

On 3/6/23 11:57, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
+1. If I know radosgw on top of cephfs is a thing, I may change some plans. Is that the planned route?

Thanks,
Kevin

From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2023 6:21 AM
To: Kai Stian Olstad
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: s3 compatible interface

Check twice before you click! This email originated from outside PNNL.

On 3/3/23 13:53, Kai Stian Olstad wrote:
On Wed, Mar 01, 2023 at 08:39:56AM -0500, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
We're actually writing this for RGW right now.  It'll be a bit before
it's productized, but it's in the works.

Just curious, what is the use cases for this feature?
S3 against CephFS?

Local FS for development use, and distributed FS (initial target is
GPFS) for production.   There's no current plans to make it work against
CephFS, although I would imagine it will work fine.  But if you have a
Ceph cluster, you're much better off using standard RGW on RADOS.

Daniel