Re: Undo "radosgw-admin bi purge"

Hi,

On 22.02.23 17:45, J. Eric Ivancich wrote:

You also asked why there’s not a command to scan the data pool and recreate the bucket index. I think the concept would work as all head objects include the bucket marker in their names. There might be some corner cases where it’d partially fail, such as (possibly) transactional changes that were underway when the bucket index was purged. And there is metadata in the bucket index that’s not stored in the objects, so it would have to be recreated somehow. But no one has written it yet.

I am not in an urgent need to get such a feature.

How would the process look to get development started in this direction?

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin