setup problem for ingress + SSL for RGW

Hi,

Our cluster runs Pacific on Rocky8. We have 3 rgw running on port 7480.

I tried to setup an ingress service with a yaml definition of service: no luck

service_type: ingress
service_id: rgw.myceph.be
placement:
  hosts:
    - ceph001
    - ceph002
    - ceph003
spec:
  backend_service: rgw.myceph.be
  virtual_ip: 192.168.0.10
  frontend_port: 443
  monitor_port: 9000
  ssl_cert: |
    -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
    -----END PRIVATE KEY-----
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----

I tried to setup the ingress service with the dashboard... still no luck. I started debugging the problem.

1. Even if I entered the certificate and the private key in the form, CEPH complained about no haproxy.pem.key file.

I added manually the file in the container folder definition. Haproxy containers started !

2. Looking at the monitoring page of HAProxy, I realized that there was no backend server defined. In the form, I selected manually the servers running the rgw.

In the container definition folder, the backend definition of haproxy.cfg looks like:

backend backend
    option forwardfor
    balance static-rr
    option httpchk HEAD / HTTP/1.0

No mention of servers or port 7480

Once again, I added the definition manually :

  server ceph001 192.168.0.1:7480 check
  server ceph004 192.168.0.2:7480 check
  server ceph008 192.168.0.2:7480 check

and redeployed the containers. It's working.

Any idea ?

Patrick