Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Februar 2023 10:21
An: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Betreff: [ceph-users] Re: Do not use SSDs with (small) SLC cache

Dear Michael,

I don't have an explanation for your problem unfortunately, but I just wondered that you experience a drop in performance, that this SSD shouldn't have. Your SSDs drives (Samsung 870 EVO) should not get slower on large writes. You can verify this on the post you've attached [1] or here [3].

I am curious if replacing them with other disks will improve it.

[3]
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16480/the-samsung-870-evo-ssd-1tb-4tb-review/4

Best

Ken