Fra: Robert Sander <r.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sendt: Thursday, January 26, 2023 4:23 PM
Til: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Emne:  Re: ceph 16.2.10 cluster down

Hi Jens,

On 26.01.23 16:17, Jens Galsgaard wrote:

> After removing the dead monitors with the monmaptool the mon container has vanished from podman.
> So this somehow made things worse.

You have not mentioned that you are running Ceph in containers.

The procedure to repair the MON map may look a little bit different then. The documentation only shows the non-containerized procedure.

Do you still have the systemd unit for the last working MON?

Run "systemctl --all | grep mon" to look for it. If it is stop try to start it. Does the MON run?

> Is it possible to create and add  new monitors? Re-bootstrap the cluster in lack of better terms?

It should be possible to restore the MON db using an exisiting OSD:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/rados/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-mon/#recovery-using-osds

This procedure would also have to be adapted for a containerized setup.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin _______________________________________________