Re: bidirectional rbd-mirroring

Hi,

maybe you need to remove the peer first before readding it with a different config? At least that's how I interpret the code [1]. I haven't tried it myself though, so be careful and maybe test it first in a test environment.

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/main/src/tools/rbd/action/MirrorPool.cc#L1029

Zitat von "Aielli, Elia" <elia.aielli@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

I've a working couple of cluster configured with rbd mirror, Master cluster
is production, Backup cluster is DR. Right now all is working good with
Master configured in "tx-only" and Backup in "rx-tx".
I'd like to modify Master direction to rx-tx so I'm already prepared for a
failover after a disaster has happened, but while I'm doin so, I face this
error and i'm stuck:

ceph version 15.2.17 (694d03a6f6c6e9f814446223549caf9a9f60dba0) octopus
(stable)

Ceph user able to operate on Master is rbd-mirror.master, while on Backup
is rbd-mirror.backup
On Master cluster I've my ceph.conf and backup.conf, and on Backup cluster
I've ceph.conf and master.conf
Keyrings has been copied correctly.
I've change direction without any problem, but when i try to configure the
peer with this command, i receive following error:

root@master# rbd mirror pool peer add <my_pool>
client.rbd-mirror.backup@backup
rbd: multiple RX peers are not currently supported

And when I check my pool info, i have the "Client:" section empty (while
the one on my DR is populated with client.rbd-mirror.master"

Can someone lend me a hand?
Is this something I can't do or simply I'm using the wrong commands?

Thanks in advance!
Elia