Re: Rocky9 support for ceph ?? What is the official word ?

 Thanks Anthony.
Yes, my question is whether any of the ceph deploy methods support Rocky release.
As for ceph-deploy I'm aware it is not maintained since Nautilus.ceph-deploy is no longer actively maintained. It is not tested on versions of Ceph newer than Nautilus. It does not support RHEL8, CentOS 8, or newer operating systems.

I've managed to get ceph ansible deployment with quincy release going a long way before it fails in ceph mon trying to get quorum.  So my question remains the same.   Is this a supported combination?  Have folks been successful in getting ceph quincy release working with Rocky 9?
Thanks,

    On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 09:10:22 AM PST, Anthony D'Atri <aad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> None of the ceph deploy methods seem to support Rocky 9.
>> What is the official word?  Is it worth spending time to get it working
>> or just fall back to the supported platforms shown on the ceph page.
>
> Fall back, on what? el8 that is end of life not?
>
> In the time you need to fix something in ceph-deploy, or wait for answers here, you could have done a manual install. ;)

I think Farhad was not talking about the venerable `ceph-deploy` tool, bur rather `ceph deploy methods` as a set.

At the risk of reviving an argument, one of the goals of containerization was to decouple Ceph releases from OS release dependencies, so it’s frustrating to see a case that confounds that separation.