Re: Rocky9 support for ceph ?? What is the official word ?

>> None of the ceph deploy methods seem to support Rocky 9.
>> What is the official word?  Is it worth spending time to get it working
>> or just fall back to the supported platforms shown on the ceph page.
>
> Fall back, on what? el8 that is end of life not?
>
> In the time you need to fix something in ceph-deploy, or wait for answers here, you could have done a manual install. ;)

I think Farhad was not talking about the venerable `ceph-deploy` tool, bur rather `ceph deploy methods` as a set.

At the risk of reviving an argument, one of the goals of containerization was to decouple Ceph releases from OS release dependencies, so it’s frustrating to see a case that confounds that separation.