Re: MDS internal op exportdir despite ephemeral pinning

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 2:32 PM Frank Schilder <frans@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> we plan to upgrade next year. Can't do any faster. However, distributed ephemeral pinning was introduced with octopus. It was one of the major new features and is explained in the octopus documentation in detail.
>
> Are you saying that it is actually not implemented?
> If so, how much of the documentation can I trust?

Generally you can trust the documentation. There are configurations
gating these features, as you're aware. While the documentation didn't
say as much, that indicates they are "previews".

> If it is implemented, I would like to get it working - if this is possible at all. Would you still take a look at the data?

I'm willing to look.

--
Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D.
He / Him / His