Re: SMB and ceph question

Would it be plausible to have Windows DFS servers mount the Ceph cluster
via iSCSI? And then share the data out in a more Windows native way?

Thanks,

Ian

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 1:50 PM Wyll Ingersoll <
wyllys.ingersoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No - the recommendation is just to mount /cephfs using the kernel module
> and then share it via standard VFS module from Samba. Pretty simple.

Ian Kaufman
Research Systems Administrator
UC San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering ikaufman AT ucsd DOT edu

*UC San Diego is working thoughtfully and strategically to consider our
return to campus, with safety as the top priority.  Stay informed about UC
San Diego developments and updates in response to COVID-19 at
https://returntolearn.ucsd.edu <https://returntolearn.ucsd.edu/>*