Re: How to check which directory has ephemeral pinning set?

Since you've decided to *pin* them, they'll stay pinned to whichever ranks
they've been pinned to.
The pinning strategy can be overridden for subdirs. But as long as you
don't touch the pinning strategy for a subdir, the subdirs stay pinned to
the rank that the closest parent dir has been pinned to.

FYI -
https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/cephfs/multimds/#manually-pinning-directory-trees-to-a-particular-rank

--
Milind