Re: Manual deployment, documentation error?

Hi,

Im currently trying the manual deployment because ceph-deploy
unfortunately doesn't seem to exist anymore and under step 19 it says
you should run "sudo ceph -s". That doesn't seem to work. I guess this
is because the manager service isn't yet running, right?

ceph-deploy was deprecated quite some time ago, if you want to use a deployment tool try cephadm [1]. The command 'ceph -s' is not depending on the mgr but the mon service. So if that doesn't work you need to check the mon logs and see if the mon service is up and running.

Interestingly the screenshot under step 19 says "mgr: mon-
node1(active)". If you follow the documentation step by step, there's
no mention of the manager node up until that point.

Right after your mentioned screenshot there's a section for the mgr service [2].

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/install/
[2] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/install/manual-deployment/#manager-daemon-configuration

Zitat von Ranjan Ghosh <ghosh@xxxxxx>:

Hi all,

I think there's an error in the documentation:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/install/manual-deployment/

Im currently trying the manual deployment because ceph-deploy
unfortunately doesn't seem to exist anymore and under step 19 it says
you should run "sudo ceph -s". That doesn't seem to work. I guess this
is because the manager service isn't yet running, right?

Interestingly the screenshot under step 19 says "mgr: mon-
node1(active)". If you follow the documentation step by step, there's
no mention of the manager node up until that point.

Thank you / BR
Ranjan