Remove corrupt PG

Hi all,

I wanted to move a PG to an empty OSD, so I could do repairs on it without the whole OSD, which is full of other PG’s, would be effected with extensive downtime.

Thus, I exported the PG with ceph-objectstore-tool, an after successful export I removed it. Unfortunately, the remove command was interrupted midway.
This resulted in a PG that could not be remove with “ceph-objectstore-tool —op remove ….”, since the header is gone.
Worse is that the OSD does not boot, due to it can see objects from the removed PG, but cannot access them.

I have tried to remove the individual objects in that PG (also with objectstore-tool), but this process is extremely slow.
When looping over the >65,000 object, each remove takes ~10 sec and is very compute intensive, which is approximately 7.5 days.

Is the a faster way to get around this?

Mvh. Jesper

Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen
Scientific Computing
Centre for Structural Biology
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Aarhus University
Universitetsbyen 81
8000 Aarhus C

E-mail: jelka@xxxxxxxxx