Re: Upgrade paths beyond octopus on Centos7

So I tried to wipe out podman and load docker on my centos 8 stream node to see if could run the Octopus container on it.  It wouldn’t work :(  Now, I didn’t spend too much time on it when it failed on cgroups, so there may be a way.

-Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Molenkamp <molenkam@xxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 7:50 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Upgrade paths beyond octopus on Centos7

I stumbled across this dependency when testing an upgrade of the OS on an existing Ceph storage node.  The existing OS was running Centos7, podman as the container implementation, and hosting 2 OSDs.   When I did a fresh OS deployment of RockyLinux8 and attempted to recreate the containers under podman, there were errors with unsupported parameters to podman.  Sorry, I don't remember the exact errors.

Unfortunately, other projects pulled me away from this for a while, but I will be testing the temporary docker solution sometime later this month.  I'm hoping to use docker as a middle step to get to a supported cephadm/podman/ceph/OS platform.

Gary

--
Gary Molenkamp			Science Technology Services
Systems Administrator		University of Western Ontario