My understanding was that cephadm basically creates containers and keeps the OS untouched, which imho should work with "any os" and "any CRI", like k8s works with docker/podman/crio.

Best regards,

Nico

On 2022-08-07 07:11, Brent Kennedy wrote:
Did you ever find an answer?  Have the same issue, stuck in podman
compatibility purgatory with Centos 7 and octopus containers.  Cephadm
quincy wont even run on centos 7, says not supported.  Closest thing I
can find to a solution is to save the bare metal ceph configuration on
the node, upgrade it to centos 8 stream, then restore the
configuration.  After all hosts done, then upgrade to quincy and then
transition to cephadm.  Unfortunately, I already converted one cluster
to cephadm on octopus.

-Brent