Re: Upgrade paths beyond octopus on Centos7

> Reading your mails I am double puzzled, as I thought that cephadm would
> actually solve these kind of issues in the first place and I would

It is being advocated like this. My opinion is, that it is primarily being used as a click next next install tool so a broader audience can be reached. If the focus is on this, problems such as the one below are imminent.

> expect it to be be especially stable on RH/Centos.

I thought I would give CentOS 9 stream a chance upgrading the office server. Converting applications to containers, so I am less dependant in the future on the os. On the 10th day or so some container crashed, crashed the whole server, and then strangely enough all containers would not start because of a little damage in one container layer (not shared with others) of the new container.
Unfortunately mounted all on the root fs, so I had to do fsck of the root fs.

Afaik is podman also a fork of the docker code, and fwiiw there have developers that coded there own containerizer because they thought the docker implementation was not stable.