Re: Ceph debian/ubuntu packages build

Well, so that sounds like you ended up with actual .debs so you should have been able to just run reprepro after installing it.

Were you trying to then create a repo?

BTW, it may be worthwhile to update the docs to mention reprepro being a prerequisite.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/install/build-ceph/

We do use ccache. If you have enough RAM, you could also build in a tmpfs to avoid waiting for your disk. Believe me, we've done everything I'm aware of to speed up the builds. Ceph's just big.

Adding mnelson in case he has any other tips.