Re: linux distro requirements for reef

I will chime in just from my ubuntu perspective, if I compare previous (LTS) releases of ceph to ubuntu, there has typically been a 2 release cadence per ubuntu release.

version
U14
U16
U18
U20
U22
U24
jewel

luminous

mimic

nautilous

octopus

pacific

quincy

reef

X is where debs are available, and I is implicit based on history.
So if history were carried forward, it seems like quincy should be the first release to drop bionic, and then that would make the S release be the first to drop focal.

Selfishly, I would love to see reef continue to be built for focal (as well as quincy built for jammy).
This cadence has worked really for my org in the past, so count me as someone who would prefer to see reef built for focal (and quincy for jammy) all things being equal.

Reed