Re: cephfs: num_stray growing without bounds (octopus)

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:12 PM Frank Schilder <frans@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dhairya,
>
> thanks to pointing me to this tracker. I can try an MDS fail to see if it
> clears the stray buckets or if there are still left-overs. Before doing so:
>
> > Thanks for the logs though. It will help me while writing the patch.
>
> I couldn't see if you were asking for logs. Do you want me to collect
> something or do you mean the session logs included in my e-mail. Also, is
> it on purpose to leave out the ceph-user list in CC (e-mail address)?

Nah, the session logs included are good enough. I missed CCing ceph-users.
Done now.

For my urgent needs, failing the MDS periodically during the benchmark
> might be an interesting addition any ways - if this helps with the stray
> count.

Yeah it might be helpful for now. Do let me know if that works for you.

*Dhairya Parmar*

He/Him/His

Associate Software Engineer, CephFS

Red Hat Inc. <https://www.redhat.com/>