Re: cephadm host maintenance

This brings up a good follow on…. Rebooting in general for OS patching.

I have not been leveraging the maintenance mode function, as I found it was
really no different than just setting noout and doing the reboot.  I find
if the box is the active manager the failover happens quick, painless and
automatically.  All the OSD’s just show as missing and come back once the
box is back from reboot…

Am I causing issues I may not be aware of?  How is everyone handling
patching reboots?

The only place I’m careful is the active MDS nodes, since that failover
does cause a period of no i/o for the mounted clients, I generally fail
that manually so I can ensure I don’t have to wait for the MDS to figure
out an instance is gone and spin up a standby….

Any tips or techniques until there is a more holistic approach?

Thanks!