rados df vs ls

I am wondering if it is safe to delete the following pool that rados ls reports is empty, but rados df indicates has a few thousand objects?

[root@ceph-admin ~]# rados -p fs.data.user.hdd.ec ls | wc -l
0

[root@ceph-admin ~]# rados df | egrep -e 'POOL|fs.data.user.hdd.ec'
POOL_NAME USED OBJECTS CLONES COPIES MISSING_ON_PRIMARY UNFOUND DEGRADED RD_OPS RD WR_OPS WR USED COMPR UNDER COMPR
fs.data.user.hdd.ec 14 GiB 3771 0 30168 0 0 0 364 0 B 30936540 3.1 TiB 0 B 0 B

This is from a Ceph 15.2.16 cluster where the pool was mistakenly added to a CephFS, but I now want to remove it without corrupting anything in the filesystem.

Note, I have also run an exhaustive find+getfatter to confirm there are no files or directories in the current filesystem referencing that pool.

More generally, is there a garbage collection routine I can run to resync ceph df/ls, or do they deliberately report a different number of objects by design?

Thanks.

---
anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx