Re: Ceph recovery network speed

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 11:22 PM Curt <lightspd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 9:55 PM Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/22 19:34, Curt wrote:
>> > Hi Stefan,
>> >
>> > Thank you, that definitely helped. I bumped it to 20% for now and
>> that's
>> > giving me around 124 PGs backfilling at 187 MiB/s, 47 Objects/s.  I'll
>> > see how that runs and then increase it a bit more if the cluster
>> handles
>> > it ok.
>> >
>> > Do you think it's worth enabling scrubbing while backfilling?
>>
>> If the cluster can cope with the extra load, sure. If it slows down the
>> backfilling to levels that are too slow ... temporarily disable it.
>>
>> Since
>> > this is going to take a while. I do have 1 inconsistent PG that has now
>> > become 10 as it splits.
>>
>> Hmm. Well, if it finds broken PGs, for sure pause backfilling (ceph osd
>> set nobackfill) and have it handle this ASAP: ceph pg repair $pg.
>> Something is wrong, and you want to have this fixed sooner rather than
>> later.
>>

>  When I try to run a repair nothing happens, if I try to list
> inconsistent-obj I get No scrub information available for 12.12.  If I tell
> it to run a deep scrub, nothing.  I'll set debug and see what I can find in
> the logs.

Just to give a quick update. This one was my fault, I missed a flag. Once
set correctly, scrubbed and repaired.  It's now back to adding more PG's,
which continue to get a bit faster as it expands.  I'm now up to pg_num
1362 and pgp_num 1234, with backfills happening at 250-300 Mb/s 60-70
Objects/s.

Thanks for all the help.