Re: Ceph recovery network speed

On 6/29/22 19:34, Curt wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Thank you, that definitely helped. I bumped it to 20% for now and that's giving me around 124 PGs backfilling at 187 MiB/s, 47 Objects/s.  I'll see how that runs and then increase it a bit more if the cluster handles it ok.

Do you think it's worth enabling scrubbing while backfilling?

If the cluster can cope with the extra load, sure. If it slows down the backfilling to levels that are too slow ... temporarily disable it.

Since
this is going to take a while. I do have 1 inconsistent PG that has now become 10 as it splits.

Hmm. Well, if it finds broken PGs, for sure pause backfilling (ceph osd set nobackfill) and have it handle this ASAP: ceph pg repair $pg. Something is wrong, and you want to have this fixed sooner rather than later.

Not sure what hardware you have, but you might benefit from disabling write caches, see this link: https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/start/hardware-recommendations/#write-caches

Gr. Stefan