Re: 3-node Ceph with DAS storage and multipath

Hello Frank,
Thanks for the feedback!

> Ceph doesn't, but LVM does. This is one of the reasons for moving to LVM, to allow transparent use of multi-path devices via LVM instead of replicating native support in ceph. Now, the remaining question is, how to tell ceph-adm to use only the multipath devices created by the multipath service, if you want to use ceph-adm (I don't). I don't remember where they show up, is it /dev/multipath or something?

For a shared storage we use multipathd (multipath daemon) and configure two raw devices for example /dev/sda (this is the block device 1 visible via Path A) and dev/sdb (this is the block device 1 visible via Path B) into a multipath device with name for example diskmpath1. When we make the multipath configuration will appear device '/dev/mapper/diskmpath1', and on top of this '/dev/mapper/diskmpath1' we create physical volume for example.

[root@comp1 ~]# pvcreate /dev/mapper/diskmpath1
  Physical volume "/dev/mapper/diskmpath1" successfully created

So I'm to find out if this multipath is also correct to be used for Ceph deployment.
Once I figure out how to proceed with multipath devices my plan is to install Ceph using official install method:
- Cephadm installs and manages a Ceph cluster using containers and systemd, with tight integration with the CLI and dashboard GUI.

Regards,
Kosta