Re: 3-node Ceph with DAS storage and multipath

> > My question is shall I configure multipath from RHEL 8.6 OS in advance (for
> > example sda+sdbb=md0) or I should leave cephadm to handle the multipath by
> > itself?
>
> I don’t think Ceph has any concept of multipathing. Since Ceph keeps multiple copies of data, it’s usually overkill.

Ceph doesn't, but LVM does. This is one of the reasons for moving to LVM, to allow transparent use of multi-path devices via LVM instead of replicating native support in ceph. Now, the remaining question is, how to tell ceph-adm to use only the multipath devices created by the multipath service, if you want to use ceph-adm (I don't). I don't remember where they show up, is it /dev/multipath or something?

Best regards,