Re: How to avoid Denial-of-service attacks when using RGW facing public internet?

> Hypothetical situation: An organisation would like to provide a storage
> solution (S3 API) to its members. The members need to access the
> S3 API from the public internet. (There is no VPN).
>
> Are there any recommendations regarding having RGW facing the public internet?
> I'm thinking about the risk of DoS attacks.
> (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack)

I think this is nothing specfic to rgw, any solution you can find on https dos will suffice. I use haproxy and have blocked access from major clouds like aws,azure,google etc.

> I would assume that anonymous access to the RGW API needs to be disallowed.
> All access should be either authenticated or in the form of a pre-signed URL.

Why? I am sharing instruction video's via email like this.