Re: Best way to keep a backup of a bucket

Hi,

On 3/31/22 08:44, Szabo, Istvan (Agoda) wrote:
Hi,

I have some critical data in couple of buckets I'd like to keep it somehow safe, but I don't see any kind of snapshot solution in ceph for objectgateway.
How you guys (if you do) backup RGW buckets or objects what is the best way to keep some kind of cold data if ceph crash?

Bareos (https://www.bareos.com) has a plugin for performing S3 based backups (using S3 buckets as source, not as target). Not sure how good this plugin works, we haven't tried it yet. We are currently evaluating bareos as a replacement for filesystem based backups, and I works well so far. Just give it a try for S3 backups.

Regards,

Burkhard